Dasanjali Lesson 16
Practice what you learn in class every week at home, preferably for 15 to 30 minutes every day.
Guess the Raag game
- Sing or play a familiar tune in a raag that we know and ask the student to guess that raag.
- Homework: By now, you must have all signed up for a musicindiaonline.com account following the instructions I gave in Lesson 15. Search for a new song in one of the 5 raags we have learnt so far in class and email it to me ASAP.
Practice Raag Yaman Kalyan in Thaat Kalyan following instructions in Lesson 15
- Practice the Aaroha, Avaroha and Pakad.
- Practice the Taal for the song we learnt.
- Practice the song "Sree Raama Chandra Krupaalu" itself, after printing the song and adding it to your binder.
End the lesson by reviewing known songs
- Sing the song, Hey Prabhu, from Lesson 5.
- Practice the song, Mai Gulam also from Lesson 13 and listen to its on-stage rendition in Lesson 14.
Last but not the least, remember that attending the class regularly is very important. A lot more techniques may be taught in the "live" class that may not be all mentioned here on the web. Enjoy singing!
All rights reserved © Osuri Enterprises, 1997-2007.